Welcome to Monday Morning Roll Call | Episode 003
A new Monday Morning Roll Call is released every Monday Morning and provides a short overview format of issues that matter to you and provides encouragement for the week ahead.
In this episode:
- We want to thank you for helping us get to our third episode, it has been an exciting journey and we hope you will continue to follow along. Please whether you love the show, hate the show, or are somewhere in between please go to iTunes right now and leave a rating and review.
- We discuss the recent tragic line of duty deaths of Illinois State Troopers and these senseless tragedies that could have been avoided.
To these Troopers, We want to Thank each of you for your service and dedication, rest in peace, we have the watch from here.
- We discuss George Strait’s new Album, Honkey Tonk Time Machine and more specifically the concept around the song, The weight of the badge.
- We talk about the difference between the actual weight of the badge and the perceived weight of the badge.
- We consider the negative ways that the badge can get heavier and positive ways that we can react towards it.
- Finally, we layout the concept of ROE: Reflect, Orient, and Execute. As a way to deal with the negative effects of law enforcement on our personal lives as a way of combating losing oneself to the job.
Your opinion matters! Please leave comments and feedback on whatever media you are listening to this show. This show is for you the listener and we need your help for it to become a great resource for everyone On the Blue Line.
Connect with us to share in this vision! Visit our website and join our mailing list for up-to-date content, contests, and connection with what we are doing.
Also, join our closed Facebook Group where we continue these conversations and more throughout the week.