Through the Eyes of a CSI with Tamara Mickelson | THE INTERVIEW ROOM | Episode 010
Meet this Weeks Guest: Tamara Mickelson
Author, Through My Eyes
Tamara Mickelson retired after twenty years of service with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department in Sacramento, California. She spent fifteen of those years as a crime scene investigator. Prior to this she served four years on active duty and three years as a reserve in the United States Air Force in the security police field.
She’s earned a bachelor of science degree in business management and a master’s of counseling in marriage and family therapy.
Tamara made her author debut with the romance novel Maren’s Journey. Shortly after retirement, she created Thin Blue Line 4 Women with a mission to connect with women in law enforcement to offer support, inspiration, and empowerment.
Show Notes from This Episode
The Interview Room releases weekly. In here, I interview leaders from all walks of life highlighting strong and meaningful conversations that provide insight, guidance, and encouragement for the listener.
- We discuss Tamara’s law enforcement background and the time she spent in the Crime Scene Investigative unit .
- We talk about the writing of her book, Through My Eyes.
- We discuss the therapeutic activity of writing and how this can be a great tool in dealing with stress, even if you never publish a book.
- We spend time talking about her mission with Thin Blue Line4 Women and her podcast, Real Life.
- We conclude with some great advice for ALL law enforcement officers when it comes to their life at home.
HOW TO CONNECT WITH Tamara:
- Connect at Thin Blue Line 4 Women
- SOCIAL: FACEBOOK ThinBlueLine4Women
- SOCIAL: INSTAGRAM ThinBlueLine.4.Women
- SOCAIL: TWITTER thinblueline4women
LINKS TO THINGS WE DISCUSSED:
- Book: Through My Eyes by Tamara Mickelson.
After the episode:
- SUBSCRIBE TO our YouTube Channel.
- LEAVE US AN iTUNES rating and review!
- FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR Website.
On The Blue Line was founded and is operated by active-duty law enforcement to fulfill the mission of providing guidance, resources and community for law enforcement officers, first responders, and military personal in their off-duty lives.
HONOR | EMPOWER | EDUCATE | DEFEND