Conquer Stress with Samantha Horwitz | THE INTERVIEW ROOM | Episode 029
Please be sure to support the small businesses that support us.
PROMO CODE: BLUELINE saves you 10%.
Meet this Weeks Guest: Samantha Horwitz
Sam is a 9/11 First Responder, former United States Secret Service Agent, speaker and author.
With her B.S. in Criminology and Criminal Justice, her J.D. from the Howard University School of Law, and experience as a Law Enforcement Officer, she has become an expert in handling stress and managing PTS. She has spoken nationally to Law Enforcement, Veteran, business, and faith-based communities on how to recognize and combat the effects of PTS, how to minimize the damage stress can cause in the workplace, and how to support those who have PTS.
Sam’s been featured in People Magazine, on ABC, CBS, Blaze TV with Glenn Beck and in other local and national media. She is the author of The Silent Fall: A Secret Service Agent’s Story of Tragedy and Triumph After 9/11. Sam serves on the board of Frontline Crisis Response Solutions, providing confidential support through wellness and resiliency for first responders and their families, and is the co-host of the award winning MAD (Making a Difference) Radio.
Sam is the recipient of the United States Secret Service Director’s Citation for Valor for her service on 9/11. Sam has also been honored with the Texas State Flag from the Texas House of Representatives in recognition of her service as a United States Secret Service Agent, and a Proclamation from the Texas Senate honoring her continued service to the citizens of the State of Texas.
Show Notes from This Episode
The Interview Room releases weekly. In here, I interview leaders from all walks of life highlighting strong and meaningful conversations that provide insight, guidance, and encouragement for the listener.
Whiskey Coffee?! Be sure to check out our friends at campfireblend.com and use the promo code BLUELINE for 10% off your first order.
In this episode, I sit down with Samantha horwitz:
- Sam discusses being inside the World Trade Center on the morning of 09/11/2001.
- Sam talks about her law enforcement experience and the role her training played in that fateful day.
- Sam goes on to talk about her own struggles with PTS (Post-Traumatic Stress), alcoholism, and a suicide attempt.
- Lastly, Sam answers the important question regarding what is the greatest challenge facing law enforcement today?
HOW TO CONNECT with Sam:
- WEBSITE: https://www.abadgeofhonor.com
- LINKEDin: @SamanthaHorwitz
- TWITTER: @TheSamHorwitz
- BOOK: The Silent Fall by Samantha Horwitz
After the episode:
- SUBSCRIBE TO our YouTube Channel.
- LEAVE US AN iTUNES rating and review!
- FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR Website.
- CHECK OUT OUR FRIENDS at campfireblend.com and use the promo code BLUELINE for 10% off your first order.
On The Blue Line was founded and is operated by active-duty law enforcement to fulfill the mission of providing guidance, resources and community for law enforcement officers, first responders, and military personal in their off-duty lives.
HONOR | EMPOWER | EDUCATE | DEFEND