Welcome to THE INTERVIEW ROOM | Episode 006 | A Story of Hope
Meet this Weeks Guest: Jonathan Hickory
Jonathan Hickory Author, Break Every Chain
Jonathan Hickory is a Master Police Officer in Charlottesville, Virginia. In his 16 plus years of police experience, Jonathan has mentored and instructed other officers in police driving methods and as a Field Training Officer. Jonathan spent seven years investigating the reconstruction of fatal vehicle crash sites and three years as a motorcycle officer. Jonathan proudly serves as a member of the Police Department’s Peer Support Team providing Critical Incident Stress Management support to fellow officers. He also leads a Life Safety team with The Point Church in Charlottesville and the local chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers. Jonathan has been married to his wife Stacy for over 15 years and has two beloved children.
As a veteran officer, Jonathan has worked the streets, facing the darkest moments of humanity. After battling alcoholism and PTSD related depression for years, he found himself in the middle of the ultimate battle of good versus evil; the battle for his soul, considering suicide. After allowing the enemy to destroy his life and his family for so long, Jonathan cried out for the help from the only One who could save him.
Turning to God has given Jonathan a new light in the perpetual darkness. As an author and speaker, Jonathan now helps others who are struggling with the difficulty of surviving this fallen world. Jonathan continues to speak life into others as he shares the power of what God can do.
Show Notes from This Episode
The Interview Room releases weekly. In here, I interview leaders from all walks of life highlighting strong and meaningful conversations that provide insight, guidance, warnings, and encouragement for the listener.
In this episode, I sit down with Jonathan Hickory the author of Break Every Chain:
- Jonathan shares his story which is captured in his book, Break Every Chain. Jonathan has over 16 years of law enforcement experience and shares with us stories of personal struggle, loss, darkness and having no faith and no hope. However, these are not the end, rather the beginning of the greater story which is one of forgiveness, restoration, and hope.
HOW TO CONNECT WITH JONATHAN:
After the episode:
- Get your On The Blue Line Decals, today!
- Consider supporting us for as little as $1 per episode: Visit our Patreon Page.
- Be sure to check out our video’s on our YouTube Channel.
- Join our exclusive closed Facebook Group, On The Blue Line Guild.
- Join our Email List for up-to-date information, Contests, and News.
- Leave us an iTunes rating and review!
- Contact us with any questions and concerns.
- Visit our Website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
On The Blue Line was founded and is operated by active-duty law enforcement to fulfill the mission of providing guidance, resources and community for law enforcement officers, first responders, and military personal in their off-duty lives.
HONOR | EDUCATE | DEFEND