Welcome to THE INTERVIEW ROOM | Episode 008 | Welcome Home
Meet this Weeks Guest: Ben Killoy
Founder, Military Veteran Dad
Ben Killoy, is a U.S. Marine Veteran turned blogger, life coach, speaker, and now podcaster who seeks to bring Military Veteran Dads home to their families. He resides in Milton, WI, with his wife and three beautiful kids!
Ben, went through what most transitioning veterans go through of redefining identity and rediscovering your passion and purpose for life. A seminar changed it all for him, and realigned him to his passion for leadership. Since then he has been on a mission to master leadership principles & use his passion for leadership to help dads understand who they are, develop the skills to overcome adversity, and own their life and choices truly come home to their life.
Show Notes from This Episode
The Interview Room releases weekly. In here, I interview leaders from all walks of life highlighting strong and meaningful conversations that provide insight, guidance, and encouragement for the listener.
In this episode, I sit down with Ben Killoy the Founder of the Military Veteran Dad:
- We discuss his favorite cup of coffee and favorite quiet moment.
- We discuss transitioning from military to civilian life.
- We have a conversation about not saying, “Thank you for your service” but rather, “Welcome Home.”
- We talk about PTSD and the buzz word, “Mental Health” and how there is no “one-size-fits-all” solution.
- We have a candid conversation about how our opportunity to “change the world” is found in time with our kids.
- And finally we discuss, “Leaving a dent in the universe” and the power of legacy.
HOW TO CONNECT WITH Ben Killoy:
- Connect at Military Veteran Dad.
- Social Links:
- Listen to the Military Veteran Dad Podcast
LINKS TO THINGS WE DISCUSSED:
- Book: Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
- Book: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Book: The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Book: Better than Good by Zig Ziglar
- Book: Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
After the episode:
- Get your On The Blue Line Decals, today!
- Consider supporting us for as little as $1 per episode: Visit our Patreon Page.
- Be sure to check out our video’s on our YouTube Channel.
- Join our exclusive closed Facebook Group, On The Blue Line Guild.
- Join our Email List for up-to-date information, Contests, and News.
- Leave us an iTunes rating and review!
- Contact us with any questions and concerns.
- Visit our Website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
On The Blue Line was founded and is operated by active-duty law enforcement to fulfill the mission of providing guidance, resources and community for law enforcement officers, first responders, and military personal in their off-duty lives.
HONOR | EDUCATE | DEFEND